- Preheat the oven to 180c
- Place the salmon fillet in an ovenproof dish
- Apply a layer of pesto on the length of the fish and sprinkle some sesame seeds on top.
- Place the fish in the oven until cooked (approx. 15-20 minutes depending on the oven and according to taste)
- Extra mile option: Make your own pesto
Pesto Sesame Roast Salmon
for 2 persons
- 1 large filet or 2 small of fresh salmon
- 2 to 3 TBS of pesto (according to taste)
- 1 TBS of Sesame seeds
Why is it approved?
Salmon is a popular fish for it’s good source of easily digestible proteins and essential fatty acid content. With all the controversy around fish, your best bet is to consume wild or organically farmed salmon to avoid any additional pesticides. The high level of omega 3 Fats EPA and DHA have cardiovascular benefits and help maintain a healthy brain function.
Sesame seeds are a rich source of minerals; copper, manganese, calcium, magnesium, iron, phosphorus, selenium, Zinc and Vitamin B1. Consumption of sesame seeds may help to prevent high blood pressure, maintain bone health and promote healthy and beautiful skin. The phytosterol content help lower cholesterol and the fiber boost digestive health.