- Two hours before or overnight: Mix the chia seeds and the milk in a jar, close the lid and give it a good shake then let it rest/ stir once or twice with a fork.
- Peel and slice the apple and put them in a pan with a tablespoon of water.
- On medium to low heat with the lid on let it cook for 5 minutes, then add the frozen berries and let it cook on low heat for about 15 minutes, stir so time to times to make sure it doesn’t attach too much to the pan, add a tablespoon of water if needed
- When you get the right texture, should almost look like jam, turn the heat off and let it cool down.
- In a pan, dry roast the flaked almond for few minutes till they turn golden.
- In a glass put a good layer of the berry jam, top it with a good layer of chia seed you can add some blueberries on the top and sprinkle some toasted flaked almonds
Mixed Berries Chia Parfait
- 1 large cooking apple
- 1/2 lemon
- 300 g of frozen mixed berries
- 1 handful of fresh blueberries
- ½ to 1 tsp. of coconut nectar or agave syrup
- ¼ of a cup of chia seeds
- 1 cup of your chosen milk (almond, coconut, oat…)
- 1 handful of flaked almonds
Why is it approved?
Apples help regulate blood sugar level, preventing energy dip and sensation of fullness. Great source of fiber and vitamin C, they support the digestive and immune system.
Like apples raspberries help maintain a healthy blood sugar level and are high in Vitamin C; on top of that they are a rich source of antioxidants.
Blueberries have a very high content of antioxidant and vitamin C to fight free radicals. They also have a very low glycemic index to help regulate your blood sugar level and prevent energy lows.
Chia Seeds are a good source of omega 3 fatty acids to keep your heart healthy. They are also a great source of protein, which will help balance your blood sugar level and the amount of fiber will keep you full for longer and will release the energy slowly. It also contains minerals, like Iron, Calcium, Magnesium and Zinc.